Thursday, October 25, 2007

Exams

No good, the exam stress bug is biting me again. Exams are next week, hyiaks!

Woke up slightly earlier this morning at 845am ( I know that's not really early, but my red retro-looking alarm clock usually sounds at 930am, and I'm only out of bed half an hour after that). So its quite an accomplishment today...but i'm yawning away now as I'm typing this blog..is it the effect of waking up earlier? Or is it the Stochastic Modelling that is wearing me out?

Sighz, no mood to study and am stressed. Often at times like these I ask myself, what made me sign up for the programme and subject myself to unnecessary exam stress? I enjoy learning, but definitely not exams..if only there can be learning without exams..

Anyway, I came across these verses some weeks back, jotted them down on a small card, and have been reading them almost everyday...to know that God is there for me is a relief, and to know that we can cast our cares on him is a privilege that I'm really thankful of. Seriously, I dunno what I'll do if God didn't exist. I know I'm not going through some big trials (some may just say, its only exams duh..most people has gone through it anyway), but nonetheless, it really great that I can just lean on the Lord for strength anytime.

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand
(Isaiah 41:10)

Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
(Isaiah 40:31)

The funny thing is that even though I'm a standard product of Singapore's education system, having gone through it for 15 years, exams is still something that takes getting used to. Because of exams, I'm missing out on some pretty important events happening over this weekend:
  • Justina is back from China and flying off this weekend. Friends meeting up this Fri, but I'm not joining cos of exams. I'm thinking of asking them to meet me for dinner for an hour or so. But will how on this first.
  • Another friend, Margaret is tying the knot this weekend and I'm skipping probably the most important day in her life again because of my exams. But will certainly meet up with her after she is back from her honeymoon!
  • My hubby's frens from UK are transiting through Singapore this coming Sunday and I probably can't join them again because of the BIG E next week.

Aiyo..between exams and friends....given any time, I'll gladly choose the latter, but for practical and stress reasons, I've chosen the former.

So for now I can only send my best wishes to Margaret! May she and Yongkang have a wonderful and blissful marriage =) And for dear Justina, its been a long time since I've met her..may she stay sweet cheerful and pretty always! As for my hubby's frens, I hope they'll enjoy the day trip to Singapore (& I'm sure my hubby will try to be the best host possible).

It great to be able to "destress" myself via blogging. Now I feel a bit more awake..maybe its the blogging, maybe its the green tea, or maybe its just becos I'm away from my books =)

On the irony though, despite the negative stress from exams, I believe that somehow exams have a good effect cos it makes me contemplate and think more about life. But before I get carried away, and switch to the philosophical mode...it's time to hit my books again. Can't wait for exams to be over, so that I can finally meet up with my friends and get some life!!

No comments: