Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Home - Work in Progress Part 1

Went to check out my place on Sunday..and noted progress in the renovation works (*happy*).

This wall is my favourite part of the house - both aesthetically as well as practically. The corridor window is actually just behind the constructed wall - which allows me to look out of the house, and yet gives me the privacy. Well-meaning relatives have indicated that the walls will probably trap dust...but I'll think of a solution to that next time. For now, I love this wall!
The contractor had actually built up the wall to the spare room wrongly..and after I told my interior designer on Fri evening, I was pretty surprised that the wall had already come down when I went to visit on Sunday evening. Their efficiency is quite commendable =)
The brick wall is where my TV will be mounted..just behind the brick wall will be the kitchen area....which as you can tell..is not really fit for cooking just yet.


That is my wardrobe at the far-end (just beside the window), made of concrete...my place will have minimal carpentry, mainly the kitchen cabinets, shoe rack and tv console. Otherwise, we are using alternative materials such as bricks, cement, concrete - which is good cos I'm not a fan of wood. I even suggested having my main door made out of glass, but was shot down by both my hubby and the interior designer. So guess there goes the cool main door.

As HDB ceilings are not exactly very high, we decided to do away with false ceiling (a feature that I'm also not fan of) for most of my new place, and will have black electrical conduits running across the walls/ceilings instead. Initially, I was a little apprehensive..but my hubby and I were beaming away when we saw the black tubes traversing our walls - cool!!! One more thumbs-up to my ID.

No comments: