Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Celebrations

Attended my cousin's wedding on Sun (14 Oct). Had a lovely time catching up with my relatives and realised how much my cousins have grown in a span of a few months (the last time I saw them was probably during Chinese New Year), especially the boys. They seem so mature now.

The title of 'tallest in the family' has now shifted to my cousin Xinkai. My brother used to be the tallest in the family (partly becos he is the oldest), and then other cousins overshot him, and now the title has to be transferred yet again. Its amazing how time flies..and it made me realise how old I am now despite my occasional kiddish antics.

I'm hoping to post some photos from the wedding, and will do so once I get hold of the pictures. The wedding was held at Sheraton..food was good, company was great, and the wedding couple looked really blissful and loving. And my aunt (my cousin's mum) looked stunning that evening! My aunt is someone who doesn't usually dress up..but when she did that evening, she received compliments from everyone! Her make-up, hairdo, dress...she looked really pretty and so different. And she was so happy and excited that evening...probably becos this is such an important family event. This is one of the wedding dinners that I truly enjoy...partly becos I had the opportunity to catch up with my cousins, and also becos I could feel the joy that was radiating all around, especially from my aunt.

My cousin's wedding is actually just a day before my wedding anniversary - 15 Oct. For the first time in many weeks, I had a truly relaxing and enjoyable Monday evening. Was rushing to complete my tutorials on Monday afternoon, and thankfully managed to complete them. Otherwise, I might not have the guts to spend the evening out if my homework was left uncompleted.

We had dinner at Robertson Quay - this Japanese restaurant right next to Shunjuu. Its called Susi..something - can't remember the name. We wanted to try the restaurant as we noticed many Japanese eating at the restaurant (a sign that the food is authentic and delicious) the last time we dined at Shunjuu. True enough, most of the customers in the restaurant were Japanese. Even the chefs and some of the service staff were Japanese. It felt like we were in Japan. The sushi was fantastic, my hubby loved the ramen and was slurping off every bit from the bowl..although my teriyaki chicken was so-so only..but the miso soup was delicious! Considering that the price was pretty reasonable (ramen cost $10, my bento set only $15), we decided we will be back again.

After dinner, I just had to visit one of my favourite dessert shops - Chocoloate Factory. I was dying to eat both the blackforest cake and the shop's famed chocolate tart..but my hubby, having slurped up every bit of his dinner, was too full to share 2 desserts. So sad me had a tough time making a decision and eventually, with much hesitation, chose the blackforest cake instead. The cake looks really yummy...but did not taste as nice the last time I ate it..hmmz, wonder why. Since it was our wedding anniversary, we requested one of the shop staff to help us take a photo, but were informed that photos were not permitted in the shop. Wonder why is that rule necessary? Anyway, I still managed to sneak some shots...



The delicious-looking cake, that somehow didn't taste as delicious



Celebrations must be commerated with photos and many many photos..so after dinner, we took a short walk and found a good spot for photos. The background is supposed to be this colourful looking bridge, but guess my Nikon Coolpix not powerful enough to capture the background.

First, a normal shot
Then, an attempt for a funny bunny shot..Attempt failed...and vain him pushed me out of photo! After several tries..mission completed!

No comments: