Thursday, November 1, 2007

Exams and Miracles

I'm usually in sleep mode this time of the night. But still feeling really bloated from the late supper I had with classmates earlier, so right now I'm fighting the sleep monster in a bid to avoid those extra calories that are reputed to load on when one sleeps with a full stomach.

But boy am I so relieved!!! Term 2 exams are just over...well class officially starts again this Sat, but I'm just glad there are 2 days for me to just relax, rot, daydream and in short, to do anything and everything except study!!

2 days of break seems like my school is a scrooge when it comes to school holidays, but at least this is way way better compared to mini-term 1 where we were back in the school lab in less than 12 hours after our last paper so as to complete a school project.

In any case, I'm just happy. Finally I don't have to go bed with numbers and formulas floating in my head...which has been the case for the past few days.

I've had the rest of my week all planned out. I'm finally going for a haircut tomorrow (after dunno how many months), a massage on Friday, and there's a hen's party on Sat evening! Really miss my galfrens and can't wait to spend the night out with them...and Ruth will be back from Australia too, so I'm just looking forward to Saturday....hmm (wrenching my fists) its my turn to get back at the brides-to-be..hmmz *evil laughter*

It has been a trying and pretty stressful week, as it always will be when exams are around the corner. But I must thank God for being with me, and MANY THANKS AND MUACKS to the dear friends who kept me in their prayers.

I've been feeling abit heaty for the past week, and one of the obvious signs is a super dry throat when I wake up in the mornings. But on Tuesday morning, I woke up with a nagging headache , and was pretty worried when the headache refused to ease (my first exam is that same evening), and I was apprehensive about consuming painkillers as I'm pretty prone to their drowsy effects. So prior to leaving home, I went on my knees to pray for healing and then left for school not thinking much about it. I didn't notice, but my headache was miraculously healed. It was only when I went to bed that evening that I recalled how I had a headache in the day, and how I didn't feel the ache one bit after my prayer.

And just this morning, I've had some minor stomach upsets and was feeling abit uncomfortable the entire day. Worried...I prayed again. Although it didn't clear immediately, my condition became better as the day progressed, and I was completely well before I left for school for my exam.

Some of you reading this blog may take the view that the above are just pure coincidences. Perhaps. But perhaps not cos these are not the only times they have happened. I recall how during my undergraduate days, there was once when my stomach was sending me to the toilet every few minutes up to just an hour before my paper. Even though I wasn't an enthusiastic Christian then, I was so desperate and coming to my wits end that my final solution was to pray, and the problem just went away, and affected me no bit during the exams. Similar situation was also encountered just before my GMAT test.

And I believe that the many times God stretched His healing hand on me cannot be pure coincidences. It takes faith to believe and claim these are miracles, and honestly, I never dared to recognise these as miracles, preferring to chuck them in the corner of coincidences - where they will be forgotten with time.

But yesterday's Quiet Time's reading gave me a different insight. The passage was about how Jesus fed the 5000 and walked on water. If we claim to believe in the bible and the miracles that Jesus did in past, shouldn't we also believe that such miracles can exist today and in our lives? Its just an amazing revelation that miracles can actually occur in my life, a life filled with imperfections and flaws. And I want to pen this down, so that I can remember God's goodness in my life. When I sit down to think about the blessings in my life, there are really plenty..although my life has its downs, I still have many many things, friends and family to be thankful for.

The many blessings, and the fact that we can be worthy to be called His children and to receive miracles in our lives is really a privilege and honour. And I really really hope that all around me can choose to take up this privilege.

No comments: