Saturday, October 6, 2007

Worst Lecturer I've Ever Known

Today is a Saturday and I'm in school for a make-up programming class. Have lost all interest in the subject, all thanks to my new programming lecturer. A pretty Russian lady, but who absolutely can't teach, and takes half an hour to set up the computer system for class. I thought my Calculus lecturer was bad enough, but she is worse.

Those who know me would probably be surprised. Why is Stella not paying attention during class? This is not the usual me. Since I'm not a born genius, sheer hard work is one of most readily used ammunition in life, especially for the gruelling course I'm in now. Sighz, examinations every 6 weeks and there are homework and projects to complete each term..I'm akin to a masochist who signed up for a year of torture, or to put it positively, an entire year of intense brain-flexing. My IQ level better improve after I complete this course, considering the number of hours I sit at my desk studying & solving problems everyday.

I have no problem working hard, cos learning is not always easy. But I have no patience for incompetent lecturers, and I'm seriously wondering how could the university have recruited such a lecturer. I don't recall having such negative sentiments about any lecturer during my undergraduate days, but to the lady who is muttering to herself at the front of the computer lab right now, she has managed to garner all my negativity and I'm totally shut off from what she is uttering. Even if i try to understand, I can't. Cos I have tried it for the past 3 sessions, but to no avail.

Thanks to one of my friends who recommended me thecplusplus.com website. I told a look at the website, and totally agree that it is easier learning from a website than listening her. Now I wonder why is part of my course fees going to this lousy lecturer. I'd rather pay the website for its clear and concise explanations, not a person who mutters to herself. I have no doubt for her capability in programming, but she simply can't teach!! And her dearth of talent in this area is torturing the poor students on a supposed lovely Saturday morning.

Anyway, cheeky me mananged to catch some shots using the PC during class, as a tribute to the worst lecturer I've ever met in my life:



Ok now me the complaint queen is done with her grouses for the day. Shall have a last ditch attempt to concentrate in class liaoz..what to do...there's a quiz in 2 weeks' time, sighz. So that's all for now. Adieu!

No comments: