Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Home - Work in Progress Part II

Guess what! For the 1st time in my life, I'm blogging outdoors! The other exception was when I was so frustrated during my computing class that I was blogging from my school's lab...but I"m now seated at Starbucks sipping a cup of java chip frap, and logging on!

Call me a laggard..I dun deny I'm a techie idiot..never the first the own the latest gadget in the market. Partly becos of the practical side of me (or you can also say the cheapo/thrifty side of me). Good or bad that's me..and the not so-tech advanced me is using SG wireless for the first time....well at least I've progressed lah hor.

Just went to pay my new home a visit earlier...but the workers were doing some work on the floor (laying cement I think), so we weren't able to step into our place. So the following pics are all taken from the main door/window view =) A pity I can't see my wardrobe which was being constructed when I was there last week.

Nonetheless, quite a fair bit of progress I must say. The tiles for my kitchen and study are already laid. My hubby's fav mosaic table is up, and I love the slanted wall right in the centre of the mosaic table! Only gripe is that my place doesn't look as open as I expected...especially the wardrobe area..but I guess it's a sacrifice I have to make cos I needed more wardrobe space..despite my ID's persuasion, I knew that 4 wardrobe doors just weren't sufficient for me lah. So no choice, more space for shopping to make up for the reduced space.


This is the view from my 3rd bedroom. The hollow wall on the right is my fav feature of the house (although I kinda have a new fav now too - the cool slanted wall - love it!). Anyway you are looking pass the kitchen tothe yard, and the window at the far end is where my yard is.

This is taken from my main door, and looks directly into my living area. At the far end is my study area (where the slightly raised platform is). And that rectangular structure is the pretty mosaic table - my hubby's fav part of the house!

Another view of my living room, but this time round, you can see the hollow wall that serves to block out my corridor window.

This is taken from the corridor window just in front of the hollow wall. If you look carefully, you can see the other side of the mosaic table, and of course, the cool slanted wall! Looking at this pic just makes me smile..really excited about my new place...can't wait to shift in soon. Sighz, but I'm reminded I'll have to go through 2 more exams before my place is ready.

No comments: