Friday, January 4, 2008

Giving Thanks

After blogging about the frustruation with my new home, I'm taking a 180-degrees turn to give thanks to the Lord.

At least it was not all bad news today. Checked my exam results today, and not too bad. I'm quite pleased with the results and am demanding a treat from my hubby =) I know I couldn't have done it without God giving me the strength, peace, wisdom to go through the term. In fact, I don't know how I could have pulled through half a year of school all by myself.

I have been doing some extra bible reading since 1 Jan. It is not exactly my new year resolution cos I don't make resolutions lest I don't keep to them. But this is something I am going to try in 2008 - to spend more time reading God's Word and hopefully it will make me a better person in some ways.

Anyway, this morning's passage mentioned that a day in heaven is equivalent to 1000 days on earth. If I am to take that literally, doesn't it mean that the average lifespan of each person is not even 1/10th of a day in heaven? And divide that by the billions of people currently living on the earth's surface. That makes each of us so minute, so insignificant. While our life is like a vapour, He still takes time to know us, and even knows the number of hairs on our head!

I still have some doubts of God's existence at times. And it doesn't help for me to have heard personal testimonies of how effective other gods are - that they too can perform miracles. So who is to know who is the real God, or perhaps there are many gods?

But I have decided to stick to Jesus. Regardless what others say. Cos I trust my personal experiences with Him. I know it is no coincidence that my granny cancelled my Primary One registration from a co-ed school and enrolled me in a Methodist primary school. I know He is there when I cry. He has comforted me when I was in doubt of my own capabilities. He guaranteed no rain for my garden wedding dinner. I know He will lead me by hand in heaven after this life passes on. He once told me through a lady many years ago that I am beautiful in His eyes. And I wondered then whether that message was really from God as I was not particularly concerned with my looks. At least that was what I thought. But the fact that I still remember this after several years probably means otherwise. So He knows better.

Maybe you wonder why I am so sure. To be really honest, I just know. There are some things that are unspoken that you just know. Just like who teaches a baby to cry, to breathe. The baby just knows. And these are just things that I know. And I am posting them today as a reminder to myself of God's reality in my life. And hopefully it will be an encouragement to you if this is one of your blue days.

I hope I don't sound all too holy and preachy. I'm just a simple sentimental gal who is trying to live each day the best way possible, given each day's circumstances. And knowing Jesus just gives me more meaning and purpose to live out my best each day.

Well, tomorrow will be a BIG and exciting day for me. My hubby and I are "officially" shifting to our new place - something we have beeen looking forward to since we got married. And while I am no soothsayer, I just know and trust in God that everything will turn out alright. Why am I so sure? I just know =)

No comments: