Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Dream

I had a dream a few days ago.

It's actually rather morbid. I dreamt that my hubby left this world. I can't piece together details of the dream, but I remember that I was initially calm when I found out about it. Then the truth hit me, and I went to my room and cried. Desperate and lost, I prayed to God in my dream. When I closed my eyes to pray, I saw a tiny spot of yellow light. Then suddenly with my eyes still shut, I knew that I was back to reality and it was just a dream, and my hubby was sleeping soundly right beside me. As I laid there in bed, I kept my eyes shut and continued the prayer that I started in my dream. To thank God that it was only a dream. and that hopefully my hubby will get to know Him someday.

This dream is different because for the first time in my life, I woke up from a dream with my eyes shut. And with my eyes shut, I was so so grateful that it was only a dream. And it served as a timely reminder to treasure my hubby ever so much more.

No comments: