Monday, December 17, 2007

Anything

It's been a long while since I've written. Cos have been loaded with numerous projects and homework for the past weeks..especially the stressful computing project. Finally they are over, but another form of stress is taking over - exams!

It's always around this time that I take to blogging to destress. This is my 3rd consecutive mini-term, and with no breaks in the earlier terms, I'm feeling a bit burnout, a bit sian, wondering why is studying taking up a huge part of my life. Can't wait for my 3-weeks break that starts officially on 22 December 3:31pm =) Although I'll have Stochastic Calculus to manage then, I'll prolly enjoy myself first before worrying about it.

Sighz. Previously when my hubby was studying alongside with me, I had more motivation. But now, a bit more difficult. My hubby is off for an overseas business trip these few days - good & bad.

  • Good - No distraction, I can fully concentrate on studying. At least I wun be tempted to join him in front of the TV the next few days.
  • Bad - I'm so sian. It'll prolly be dinner ta-baos and more dinner ta-baos.

Distracted me was watching Asian Idol over the weekend. Jaws dropped when Hady was announced as Asian Idol. Honestly, I don't think it was a meaningful win, becos it is obvious that the various Idols come from different cultures and each possesses varying singing styles that would probably appeal more to his/her own country than to others. Nevertheless, I was pretty impressed with the Indonesian Idol, and thought he performed really well when he sung "Angels brought me here" with Guy Sebastian - Austrialian Idol.

Oh, the sky looks a bit dark and think it's gonna pour again. It has been raining almost everyday for the past few days...perfect weather to take a nap. But I must resist!!! I was hoping to go for a short run in the evening, hopefully the afternoon drizzle will cool the air and make it an easy breezy jog.

Actually, what's heavy on my mind is the message that Pastor preached in church yesterday. He quoted a media article that covered global warming and how sea levels will rise. And with the rise in sea levels, it is a matter of time before an island nation like Singapore will be inundated with water. Apparently, Singapore has engaged Holland to prepare for this crisis. It is a scary thought. Yet I know, and I think many know too, that global warming will not cease. We probably can try to be more environmentally friendly, and with concerted effort, try to slow down global warming. But the damage has been done, and its scary what will happen in the future. I'm actually by nature an optimist, although I don't sound like one right now. But faced with reality, and knowing that it is probably out of man's hands, what can I do?

Get down on our knees to pray! The encouragement that Pastor gave is that if God can part the Red Sea, He can also protect Singapore if we go on our knees to pray and ask Him. When things go out of control, when I'm at a loss on what to do, when i'm facing the darkest of moments....I pray. And God has been my refuge and strength. He is the Rock that shall not be moved. And I am thankful that the storms can come and toss the boats all around, but He is there and at His word, the storm will be calmed. That God has stretched out His hand to me, and I have decided to place mine in His to walk the rest of this life together. I know the Lord will never leave nor foresake me. And its great to know that I can always rely on Him!

Ok its time to get back to my books. It has started to drizzle...actually I love rainy weather but only when I'm indoors =) Going to attempt to derive some meaning and love for my time series analysis readings. Wish me luck.

No comments: