Monday, December 31, 2007

The Last Weekend of 2007

Saturday saw me waking up at noon with a really heavy head, shoulder aches, sore throat, cough, phelgm and the additional gift of a much sexier but nasal voice. Waited for 1.5 hours at the clinic before I saw the doctor, who explained that my symptoms were the result of a blocked nasal passage. He prescribed 6 types of medicine, and fortunately I don't have to fork a single cent cos medical fees are covered by my hubby's firm (I always tell my friends this is one benefit of being married). Then it was MOS burger for lunch, before I headed home to snooze under the effect of the medication.

So it was probably one of my most boring Saturday (I actually planned to go shopping!) in 2007, but both my hubby and myself found it rather interesting that despite my germs-infested body, I could still crack funny jokes and behaved pretty normally. Hmmz, maybe it was the fever =)

Anyway, I felt much better on Sunday, although I woke up with a horrible sore throat. Downed lots of pi-pa-gao before meeting my friends for a sumptuous buffet lunch treated by Mr & Mrs Su (thanks pals!). It was then when my aunt messaged me to inform me of the auspicious days I can shift home. There wasn't much choice..either this coming Sat, end Jan or early Feb. And I want to shift before my school starts, so I'm going to try for this coming Sat. I dunno how realistic it is going to be, but anyway, it's going to be done. Honestly, I don't believe in such stuff, but I'm doing it for the sake of my loved ones and for them to have peace of mind.

With our shifting fixed for this coming Sat, my hubby and I spent the rest of the day packing our stuff. Poor him, think he caught my virus so both of us were sniffing away as we started on our 1st round of packing. I'm pretty amazed at how much clothes I have...4 luggage full of clothes, and I still have 2 more racks of clothes. And this is excluding my handbags and my shoes. Now I know why he complains I have too much clothes. Hee, it just never occurred to me till today.

Tomorrow marks the last day of 2007. Guess it will be another day of packing, although I better start throwing in some time to study. Gosh, 1 week of my school holidays have just flown by!!

A quiet New Year spent packing and watching celebrations on TV. Much as I would like to be out for some fun, the reality of shifting home is going to keep me at home. Nonetheless, while I can't claim I'm going to have an interesting New Year, at least I'm still spending it with one of the dearest person in my life. And for that I'm thankful.

Happy New Year to all, and may you too spend an extra-special day with that special someone(s) in your life! =)

1 comment:

Gordon Guay said...

hellos...

so CNY i hab no 'transport' home.. hahahs..

jkjk..

wah i like ur new house sia.. very nice eh...

lols..

btw link me www.firstofficergordon.blogspot.com

and if u want a tag box, go to www.cbox.com