Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bday Thots

I am a year older today. It feels like any other day though - I even went to work today (this was a big no-no in the past).

Somehow as I grow older, I tend to want to forget how old I am. I wish I can stay in my 20s forever - with all that hyped up energy and carefreeness. With age, there is a greater sense of responsibility and I start keeping count of my accomplishments in life (which is not much, except for my super adorable son & my wise choice in picking a great hubby - if these are considered accomplishments).

I used to have lofty dreams of scaling the corporate ladder - my success measured in terms of an impressive job title and an equally matched pay packet. I have since toned down my corporate dreams - I'll still try my best, but above all, I hope to achieve a good balance among my many priorities in life.

Any regrets? Yup. The key one is having two great friends walk out of my life. But this made me realised all relationships - even friendships that have spanned over twenty years - are fragile, and should be cherished dearly. I think of them often, miss them terribly, and I am reminded to treasure my other great gal friends God had blessed me with.

Truly, friends are a blessing from God. They fill a void that family can't. Certain things that cannot be shared with family can somehow be shared with great gal friends. So to all my great gal friends (you know who you are), thanks for everything and like I always say - it's all thanks to you gals that I don't fear growing old, cos we're all growing old together! :)

No comments: