Thursday, July 9, 2009

Random Thoughts

I have been too busy to blog. But on account of a dear friend who says she has been perpetually seeing my 80-year old lady blog on the top of my blog page, here is a new entry =)

In the past months of absence from this blog, certain events have happened which caused me to have the following thoughts:

1. Death of Michael Jackson
I deem him to be a music icon, someone who will go down in history and be remembered for his musical establishments as much as Elvis. But he will also not be forgotten for the many dark rumours surrounding his life, be it his unnatural inclination towards children, his numerous plastic surgeries, etc.

The first thought that flashed in my head when I saw the news on TV was: Oh man, he was rich but was he every happy? He did so many things to try to be happy, but was he really ever happy?

Then subsequent thoughts were: Life is short, treasure it. Work may ****, but that's not all of life. In summary, live life to the fullest everyday (if possible)..if not, maybe at least a couple of hours each day.

2. Death of a 5 year old boy
The boy is a colleague's friend's son, so I don't even know the direct kins of the little boy who has passed on.

But it is always saddening to hear of someone's bereavement, especially when he/she is only a young child. The child will definitely be greatly missed by his parents, and many years down the road, they will probably always wonder how their child will be like, what career he will choose if he were still alive. And sadly, this is a pain and loss that no time can heal.

My thoughts? Life is so unpredictable. I don't even know how long I will live. So I should really treasure my loved ones.

3. The Significance A Good Boss Makes To One's Worklife
I am a people person, and good work relationships are important to me. Having a good boss is great because you get to learn from him, be it technically, the way he thinks, and even the way he interacts with people. But if you get a lousy boss, you will start dragging your feet to work everyday.

But the bright side of having a bad boss is that you will dislike his behaviour to the extent that you will have them ingrained in your head such that it becomes unlikely that you will ever exhibit that behaviour because you realise that you do not want to be a pest to your future subordinates. In short, you learn what you should not be.

4. Life is Quite Hard
Pimples can just surface overnight, but they take weeks to disappear.

Frustrating because this is exactly what is happening to me. Age has a part to play too, the pimples are not receding fast enough. I stare in the mirror every morning and evening, and wonder when will I regain my previous pimple-free complexion. I am even contemplating of laying hands on my face and praying about it - but that will be a last resort.

I am still trying to figure out the cause of the sudden outburst of red. Sleeping too late? Too much stress from work? Exercising too much? Age? Using the wrong facial products?

But more than wanting to find out the cause, I am hoping that my body will cease this uncontrollable surge of youth spots. With age, I am supposed to get less pimples, so this random outburst is just a one-time off and it will recede into dormancy forever.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Welcome back! Finally! =p