Friday, February 27, 2009

I won the Pioneer Competition!


Just found out that I won the "I've Got My Pioneer!" competition! The results were printed in today's Today newspaper.

The contest required me to submit a photo of my home with any Pioneer product, as well as a short description on how the Pioneer product has changed my life (or something along those lines). The win came as a surprise as I received an email from a Pioneer staff a few days back informing me that my submission had been selected as part of the Top 40 entries, and they would like to come to my place for a short photoshoot and interview, which I assumed was to facilitate the selection of the winning entry.

Here is my original entry:
The first two things we do when my hubby and I are back from work are: switch on the lights, and then the TV. Watching TV programmes has become a daily necessity – of similar priority to brushing our teeth. We decided on the Kuro Plasma TV for our 1st home because of rave reviews we have heard, as well as its aesthetic appeal. My hubby and I were aware that the TV would be our home’s key feature, and we needed it to fit in with the “raw” feel of our home. Our Kuro has done a perfect job – it has a simple and stylish pure black design that complements our home’s white walls and cement floor, it gives us crystal clear pictures, and we have endless hours of fun in front of our Kuro watching movies, playing Wii, browsing through our holiday photos. Our hours after work and on weekends centers around Kuro. Now, we spend more time at home than we ever had – seriously! One can never underestimate the importance of a good TV – it is of essence if you value quality entertainment like us.

And an abbreviated version was printed:
We decided on the Kuro Plasma TV for our 1st home because of rave reviews we have heard, as well as its aesthetic appeal. Our Kuro has done a perfect job – it has a simple and stylish pure black design that complements our home’s white walls and cement floor, it gives us crystal clear pictures, and we have endless hours of fun in front of our Kuro watching movies, playing Wii, browsing through our holiday photos. One can never underestimate the importance of a good TV – it is of essence if you value quality entertainment like us.

It's a pity there are no cash prizes to be won. But nevertheless, still quite happy and I am so proud of my bee-e-u-ti-fuul home =)

Coincidentally, I had also entered into this Women's Weekly Best Beauty Buys Promotions and received a letter earlier this week informing me that I won a Eyelash and Eyebrow Treatment Stick. I had to choose a particular product and sms the product number in order to enter into the promotion. Now I wonder why did I even pick this product in the first place.

Looks like it has been a week of wins! Admittedly, the prizes are not very useful. But for the moment, the thrill of winning still beats the practical aspect of wondering what I will do with the prizes... =)

No comments: