Friday, September 19, 2008

I am sitting at Burger King now attempting to blog using my phone! As a tech laggard this is new to me. But i am definitely taking longer to key in my words. Good practise for my sms skills though :) Ok how do i start a new line,hmmz.

Ha i found out. Press '0' thrice to get an arrow sign and then hit '#'. Anyway trying to phone-blog is not supposed to be the main content of this entry. Now comes the (ahem) serious stuff.

Just went for a job interview today with a boutique fund management firm. After reading about the firm and hearing rave reviews about it,I was so excited and nervous about the interview. Will take it even if pay cut!

The interview was initially conducted by a lady and a young man, both very pleasant and nice. But they grilled me about banks, including areas I was unfamiliar with. The lady seemed very familiar with credit issues, and that was definitely not my forte. Stressed. But the male interviewer was very nice, kept nodding his head as if to agree and to encourage me as i was trying my best to 'sian' my answers.

Then the big boss arrived. He seemed like a very nice experienced man. I suddenly felt my stress level rising and the butterflies in my stomach were flittering like crazy. This is the boss! So with my nerves going crazy, i stumbled in my reply abit while trying to maintain a calm composure. Then I was asked a question and gave a reply. Then the boss asked me for another example and I just could not think of any. Sighz. Bad response. But the interviewers still seemed nice and the boss explained his answer to me. So daz.

Despite the glitches during the interview, I left the interview feeling quite positive but a bit disappointed that the firm had no vacancy at the moment.

But the more i think about it, maybe the interview didnt go as well as i thought. There were some questions I could not answer, but I really dunno mah. But I know I did my best and will just leave God to do the rest. Feeling a bit braindead from the grilling during the interview but it was a good experience.

Deep down I believe God has a job planned out for me somewhere. I just gotta keep searching, practising my interview skills, and the job will come in His time!

In the meantime, I am thinking of getting a WII set to while my time away :)

No comments: