Monday, March 3, 2008

Movie Outing

Exams ended on Saturday afternoon and I finally caught the movie that I've always wanted to watch - Jumper. The movie had pretty good action, but plot was not that great. But something happened at the theatre that evening.

Shortly after the movie started, I heard wierd noises from a boy 3 seats away. He sounded afraid and probably his fear prompted him to start hitting the man (who is probably his dad) sitted beside him. His father tried to restrain him and asked him to calm down, but to no avail. As the boy was making a fair bit of noise, someone went to inform the movie ushers who came and requested them to leave the theatre. What was supposed to be a fun movie outing ended up not too favourably for the father-son pair.

I felt sad at what I saw. The boy was just hitting his dad, who was accepting the hits and trying to restrain him at the same time. The father was probably going through an emotion whirlwind - worrying how they are affecting the movie audience, thinking of ways to calm his son down, and the emotional pain from having to bear the hits from his son. My respect goes to the father who has made the choice to raise and love a son who is very different from others. And as a bystander, I can only hope that the boy's condition will improve overtime.

No comments: