Saturday, May 26, 2007

GMAT Blues

Time check, its 6:45am now. Yup, this is no typo, it is AM (the wee hours of the morning) now, and here I am sitting in front of my sturdy Dell PC typing Blog Number 3 of my life.

Well, not that I'm really so addicted to blogging. But some stomach cramps woke me up about an hour ago, and instead of just lying in bed and trying to sleep off the pain, I decided to make the wise decision of not wasting any time. So here I am...penning down my thoughts for posterity (well at least that's a better use of time then lying in bed right) and sipping hot H2O at the same time...hoping it will ease the ache.

By the way, I have just completed my GMAT exams (Hurray!), though not as excited as I would have wanted to be. My scores have improved from the previous attempt, but mainly thanks to my wonderfully powderful English. My Maths scores remained the same despite the hours of practice the past week. Sighz..why leh? I have always been more of a Quans person. In school, I disliked English, especially writing compositions....super dreadful classes (well, guess why it took me so long to start a blog?). Literature wasn't exactly my forte as well.

But when it comes to Maths...its a breeze, almost literally. Can feel the wind running through my hair plus the rush that comes with solving each Maths problem..shiok! Ha, ok I'm exaggerating a bit. Not that I was a Maths-geek. But numbers knew me, and I loved them..twist them around, upside down...great fun, and no problem. There is always a solution, just think hard enough and the answer will eventually pop out. So Maths classes were more fun and bearable..and according to the laws of logic...I naturally performed better at Mathematics than English.

So why my GMAT score like that huh? I feel a slight tat of disappointment with my results cos my Maths grades are still lousy despite the additional hours of practice. Must be those data sufficiency questions...arghhh, I just can't get them right! But as Mum would say, "what's done can't be undone. No point crying over split milk." So ok lah, don't wanna harp on it too much, not healthy for the soul.

Right now, it's a wait-and-see attitude. Will send my revised scores to the school, and see whether it will accept me into the course with my new scores (although the dean had previously informed me that my Maths grades had to improve). I suppose I will not force things, and just leave it to God to decide. He has been good, and will always be good...I have seen Him work in my life in the past, and I believe that He will continue to do so. Events may not turn out the way I always want it to be, but in retrospect, I always thank God for how things have turned out. It can't be any better, cos its His Plan, and I respect it.

Well, now I feel much better - emotionally (with my GMAT scores) and physically (my cramps are easing off). Although a part of me is still wondering how I will fare for my writing assessment portion of the exam. I lost track of time during my 2nd essay, so didn't complete the edits. Then I just realised (when I was lying in bed with the cramping stomach) that I misused a word in the opening paragraph of the essay...sighz...De2 shi4 xin1 you3 yi4 dian3 zhong4. But well, what's done can't be undone, so I suppose let's live with the suspense in the meantime, and wait patiently for my results to arrive in the next 2 weeks.

No comments: