Sunday, August 23, 2009

9 weeks - Pretty the Same

A slight bulge has emerged - is it the baby (seems unlikely cos baby is still less than 2cm big), part of the uterus expansion, or just pure bloatedness? Gas is a pregnant woman's foe - sighz, with the bloatedness and the burpz, its difficult to feel pretty.

Not much has changed from the 8th week. I still can't pass the day without yawning several times and wishing I am resting in bed at home instead of me working away on my office laptop. And the bad news - it seems my work is piling up - boss has already requested that we go back next Sat to work! Arghh....it really ain't easy managing pregnancy and work. Yet work is inevitable if I want to ensure that I can provide the best for the little one growing in me right?

I have resumed my gym sessions, but only cycling, walking and stretching - the low-impact type of activities. Goodbye to gym classes, sit-ups and running on the treadmill! Despite my lethargy, I find that exercising really does help to perk one's spirits! I feel healthier, more assured that I won't be gaining the wrong kind of weight, and optimistic that my body will be fit and strong to handle the stresses of pregnancy.

And oh, my hubby and I have kinda decided on the Christian names for our baby. Boy will be J--, Girl will be called K--. Still subject to changes because I want to make sure that these names not only sound nice, but are meaningful. To me, a name represents the hope that parents have for their child and who they want their child to be. The name must also be chosen with sensitivity so that child will not be subject to brutal teasing from friends in future. The names seem perfect for now, but let's see...

To my little J/K: My biggest wish and prayer for you is that you will be well-nourished, that you will develop healthily, and by God's grace, you will be a healthy and happy baby who is entirely free from health issues and birth defects.