Sunday, February 10, 2008

CNY: The Fun, the Sweets and the Feast

The usual fun stuff during Chinese New Year - goodies-stuffing, gambling, chit-chatting, playing with the little ones. I do this every year, and I never get bored. Its really great to be able to spend time with my family. Chinese New Year is not only a time to catch up with family members, it also provides a good opportunity for some to introduce their special someones to our family =) And as an added bonus to the festivity and celebration this year, we also celebrated my cousin's 21st birthday!

This was a trigger-happy CNY, and I've so many photos to share! So today's blog shall be one of the occasional ones in which I shall exercise some restraint on the writing and let the photos do all the talking!!


Chu Xi

Lou Hei Part I






Chu Yi
Lou Hei Part II




ABSOLUTELY the BEST Ngoh Niang I've ever tasted, and I'm not exaggerating. Crispy skin fried to perfection and tasty meat fillings. Chestnuts add an extra zest and crunch to every bite.
Cost:
Priceless. Made with AhMa's excellent culinary skills and lotsa love.
Availability:
Very exclusive. Only family members get to taste it.


Sumptuous dinner feast!


The boys have all grown so tall!


The 3 generations?


My cheeky but ever adorable cousins!

Ah Long movie outing with cousins. This is one of the rare outings, so a group photo was a must!


CHU SAN

Messing around with the children...


My adorable cousin who was so so engrossed with his computer game...

AhMa and the really young ones


AhMa and daughters galore!

Family shot with AhMa


AhMa and her grandchildren

Mmmm, Double Choc Pralines from The Patissier. No regrets after you sink your teeth into the super rich and ultra chocolatey cake with a lovely crunchy base. Never mind the calories and sugar..for self-confessed choc addicts like me, this is a MUST TRY!!


Birthday gal getting a special HUG



First, the birthday gal blows the candles...


Then the other children wanted to join in the fun too!

Happy Birthday E! May all your dreams come true!

1 comment:

Gordon Guay said...

hello stella....

hahahahah....

can send me the photos so that i can update my blog.. can?? hahah

thanks..