Thursday, August 9, 2007

Life as a Student


Its been a really long time since I've written. My heart and mind has always been with this blog though..wondering when I'll have time to pen down the latest happenings in my life.

In the short span of a few weeks since my last blog, my life has taken a poorer (materially-wise, that is) turn as I've decided to embark on the intellectual route which consists of reading wordy statistics and computing textbooks, rushing weekly assignments, and pulling my hair out every Wednesday night trying to understand my incoherent calculus lecturer. That's my life and hopefully things will take a better turn once I've adapted to the new lifestyle. Its been a mad rush trying to finish my assignments, in addition to the stress when I don't understand a single word the lecturer is uttering (lucky it is only for 1 subject thus far).

But well, at least I feel some sort accomplishment whenever I finally understand a difficult concept and when I finish a set of assignment...at least I've learnt something new. But I've just started the marathon run, and am hoping that I'll have the stamina to complete the steep learning curve I've embarked on.

Sighz...actually I shouldn't sigh. I should rejoice! Shouldn't it feel great to be on the path of learning again? My memory has kinda improved with the many mental exercises my brain has been through recently..and I should be enjoying the challenging homework that has been posed to me. Classmates have been pretty friendly and nice..although it's a little stressful to know that I'm one of the rare ones in class with no maths and computing background.

I actually miss working...less stressful and there are nice colleagues to chitchat with, not to mention the $$ that goes into my bank account every month =). But it's a choice I've made, and I'm going to try and pull it through. By the way, although it's only been 2 weeks of school, and exams are only 4 weeks away!

But surely with God's grace, I'll manage. It's been a frantic first 2 weeks, but I believe that He will be with me to see me through!

No comments: