Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Escape From Hell

Last weekend's Sunday Times printed a story about a North Korean's escape from a concentration camp. My heart was full of angst as I read about the plight of this man. Thankfully he has escaped, but there are still so many other victims who are trapped.

The many centuries that have passed are rifed with the horrifics of war and crime. I still cannot comprehend how can anyone have the heart to torture and hurt another person physically. I ask these questions again: Who gives any man the right to abuse a fellow human? How can a mere human possess the authority to subject anyone to pain and torture for no wrong that he has committed? Even if justice needs to be served, is there anyone who is so perfect and all-knowing that he is qualified to mete out such inhumane punishments?


My take: No one.

No comments: